Friday, January 29, 2016

HopSLAM!!! and Late Ethipoian Roast

          Who got Hopslam today?  I was looking for it yesterday, and was told it wasn't coming out until next week - but then I went to a Mexican grocery store in my neighborhood to by some tortillas, and they had it!  Quite tasty -  I'm glad I was able to score some while it's fresh.



          I also roasted a little more of the Ethiopian Yirg Buufata - I'm looking forward to that strawberry note with my weekend breakfast tomorrow.  Am I the only one who goes all out on weekend breakfasts?  I have high hopes for tomorrow's breakfast tacos.



          This time I tried switching off the heat every time the temperature rose above 400, so I was able to roast it for the full 4 minutes without taking it past a light roast.  I hadn't tested this method before, but I've seen several sources recommending a multi-step roast, so I can't imagine this would be substantially different.  It looked and smelled like a light roast - just after first crack, but with no immediately visible oils.



          Right now, I store my freshly roasted coffee in mason jars - but I have a few ideas for creative coffee storage (that will be just as effective for freshness) - and I'm looking forward to getting into that next week.


Until next time -
All the best,


No comments:

Post a Comment